Tuesday, March 24, 2009

And Here's Where I Alienate a Shitload of People

Ok, here's my deal with recreational marijuana. I hate it. I don't know why exactly, I can't put my finger on it, but I hate pot. Not in the sense that I hate smoking it; I've never experienced it personally (what an ignorant schmuck I am!), I just hate the idea of it, I hate that people do it, I hate learning that someone I know does it or did it or wants to do it. And it seems that about 90% of this nation is smoking pot, which is all the more disheartening.

Here's my best attempt to explain why I hate it. First off, I don't really like the idea of any kind of "drug." Cigarettes, coffee, energy drinks, yes, even alcohol ...meth of course. I'm no Mormon, I don't have a moral issue with it, it's not so much, "body is your temple" kind of thing. I just hate the idea of people needing something to make them feel normal. Like when people say, "ugh, don't talk to me until I have my coffee." "I'm dying in here, I need a cigarette." Why can't we just be ourselves whoever that happens to be? I'm grumpy and sleepy in the morning. And that's ok. I'm stressed out, and that's ok. I AM OK WITH FEELING THINGS.

So, yes, any type of drug is not a friend of mine. And pot is especially annoying because it (stereotypically) makes people lazy, stupid, and, irresponsible. So it's not even making people friendlier or more productive (like caffeine). And it smells like SHIT. And it's a waste of time and money.

But I think mainly my issue with pot is that people think they're so cool when they use it. I don't have good evidence for this, it's just a general sense. Like with any drug, people think they are cooler for doing it. The way they sit, the way they hold the piece, the way they draw out their words like they're just too cool to care about nerdy things like diction and enunciation. And words with more than one syllable. Why are we perpetually stuck in 7th grade?? Always trying to be cool, whatever the fuck that means. I hate anything that people do out of the pursuit of coolness (though I especially hate anything that people choose NOT to do simply out the pursuit of coolness).

So anyway, back to grass. weed. hash. Mary Jane. heh heh it's like "marijuana" except it's like a little code word. heheheheh ughhhh........

Sigh...sorry guys, I'm just not cool enough for that shit. Off I go to my apple juice and Cadbury's Fruit and Nut Bar.

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with you on this topic! You hit it right on the mark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right here with you, I've never tried pot, but I'm not some prissy snob like people automatically think because of it, I just don't have an appeal for it. I think it's stupid and people who do it look like giant douches. I'm almost embarassed for them as I look at them and see how cool they think they look. lol. I know it sounds mean, but whenever I see someone smoking pot, or even drinking and trying to look oh-so-suave about it I think "well, it's always nice to know you're better than someone." lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hate it hate it. My brother smokes week nonstop. not socially or anything. just smokes it. i also hate how weed smokers refuse to eat until AFTER they smoke weed. then they have the nerve to eat EVERY SINGLE THING in the house.

    I can never date a smoker of anything. weed or cigars or cigarettes. They have to be more of a tea person and not a crazy gimmee coffee person. It's ridiculous. I wonder if they ever take a step outside of themselves to see how they look to the rest of the world with those habits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you. I had a bunch of friends that smoked pot when I was in hs. I stopped hanging around them as much. Every single one of them lives in the same place doing crap jobs. I'm glad that I never got on that band wagon. Good post

    ReplyDelete