Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Orchid


Y'all, I gotta change my little profile blurb. My orchid died. How did this happen?? I bought it like a month and a half ago, and my co-worker bought one at the same time so that we could go through it together. The woman at the flower shop told us to water them like once or twice a month and then spray them once a week. Every other thing we read told us to water them once a week. But the flower shop lady stressed that it should be once or twice a month because everyone drowns theirs. So that's what we did. And what happened? They shriveled up and died. Throwing away a dead plant is so sad. But looking at one every day is even worse.

2 comments:

  1. I live in Orchid capital. Plus we have a huge orchid garden that my mom obsesses over. I always water my orchid everyday, BUT in the morning always in the morning. I guess the climate is different in Asia so its OK maybe(?). I would also spritz them every motning.
    You know it might not be dead, sometimes it will blossom again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nah, I had to throw it out, the leaves were rubber and the stem was completely dry. It had been that way for at least a couple of weeks. Everything I've read said to water once a week, so we probably should have done that. I guess we shouldn't have trusted the floral shop lady :/

    ReplyDelete